vrijdag 1 maart 2013

Youngblood Hawke (EP)

Youngblood Hawke (EP) - Youngblood Hawke

This is my first music review ever, so this better be something I really like and am very passionate about - a band I discovere only minutes ago, but instantly fell in love with- Youngblood Hawke!

Youngblood Hawke is an Indie Pop band, based in Los Angeles, California, United States. The band was formed in 2011. Their debute, Youngblood Hawke, released in 2012, and has been a part of the indie pop society ever since. Their amazing debute became a success immediately, and as they went on tour with the well-known band Keane they gained a following. 
The catchy tunes and happy lyrics instantly get stuck in your head and make you want to sing and dance instantly. Getting hooked can take less than 10 seconds. 

The EP features four songs,
1. We Come Running
2. Stars (Hold On)
3. Forever
4. Rootless

The Best known song of these four - and the most catchy one, that lured me in - is We Come Running.
With its happy sounding beginning, background voices that sound like heaven, cool lyrics (which I will display below) and good instrumentals, Any Indie Pop lover will like this. It contains everything you could ever wish for - In only one song! Truly Amazing!
Under a pale blue sky
you never felt so cold
another sleepless night
how could you ever let go
how do you recognize
the dirty face of gold
behind that crooked line
where you never knew you'd go
- We Come Running - Youngblood Hawke
 Then there are three other songs, of which Forever is the best one in my opinion. With an upbeat rhytm and happy drums, plus even happier lyrics, this forms a song I love to listen to. This one is going to be stuck in my head for a while. A long while

The album art is pretty, I really like it! I would not call it perfect, but not ugly at all, either, since it perfectly portrays the happiness and quirckiness of Youngblood Hawke's songs with its lively colours. Great job, creator of the album art!

Altogether, Youngblood Hawke has released an extremely promising debut, and I am happily anticipating new songs from them. Easy to fall in love with a band like this! Now I just have to hope and pray that they will ever go on tour to Europe, preferably the Netherlands. Until then, it will be me listening, and singing along to, Youngblood Hawke's songs on my iPod.

Definitely listen to We Come Running, be amazed!

Love,
Margot

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten