dinsdag 12 maart 2013

Bastille - Bad Blood

Introduced to me by Spotify, Bastille has started to become one of my March favorites. Their song Pompeii is like an addiction to me, and I am listening to it all the time right now - it has even started to annoy family members of mine, because I am blasting the song throughout the enitre house...

Bastille is a British Alternative Pop band -yes, that genre really does exist- that just released their first album this year. It is a compilation of electronic and pop songs with a very pure and happy sound to it, and they are rapidly gaining a following at the moment. They have captured Britain's heart already - performing at some of the major festivals this summer. (don't they look adoreable in this picture?)

The sound of Bastille is very much like that of Scouting for Girls, (perhaps combined with Imagine Dragons) (another one of my favorites). They all produce this alternative pop-ish music, and the lead singers sound alike. Therefore I cannot call Bastille very unique. I would, however, call Bastille amazing; especially their more electronic songs really inspire me to go do something outside. A great thing, because all soft and lazy tunes, which are very pretty, might cause me to just go lie on my bed doing nothing all day (lazy-ass me). A great example of their more electronic songs is Bad Blood.

Rating: 8,2


Their songs fill me up with positive feelings and energy. This works better than your normal cup of coffee, I could say! If you like Britpop or Indie pop, there is a great chance of you liking this band. Like, 90%, great chance!

I think that for a first album, Bastille has achieved a lot. There are some points on which they could improve, like building up their songs, in the beginnings and using more emotional lyrics in at least one or two songs. Also, a better balance between the background voices and the main singer would be better, I think.
The way they are building up an audience at the moment is crazy, and I admire them and wish them all the luck they could possibly get - a band as good as this definitely deserves it!

If Bastille ever comes close to where I live, I will make sure to be there. I will be the pumped up kid in the crowd, dancing and singing along to all of their songs with a crazy exited face.

You should listen to Icarus, because this song deserves so much more atttention than it's getting! I will link to it below. It is so happy and it has a violin in it, which always surprises me very pleasantly.

Since I think that my album reviews will be more clear if I add a rating, a rating will be added to every review posted from now on, on a scale from one to ten.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten