vrijdag 1 maart 2013

Forever Friday - The Maccabees


Forever Friday is a weekly meme on my blog, in which I spotlight a band I have been listening to and loving for a long time. This week's band is the Maccabees!

The Maccabees is one of those bands I listened to years and years ago, and simply loved, yet forgot about them totally. Just months ago, I fell in love with them and their music all over again -isn't that the greatest feeling, to fall in love all over again?- and was amazed by my own stupidity; How on earth could I ever forget about a band this phenomenal?!
Just a couple of weeks later, I bought festival tickets for the Best Kept Secret Festival (about which I yet have to write a post) and then the best thing happened to me, after buying the ticket the Maccabees announced to be part of the line up! (which is perfect, by the way!) So fangirl me just squeeled and jumped around the room for minutes, totally freaking out my entire family. Yes, how exiting that kind of pleasant surprises can be!

Returning to the main subject - the Maccabees. They are a British band, and their main genre is indie rock. They have been making songs ever since 2005, when their first single got released (X-ray), and are still getting better and better. Three albums have been released by the Maccabees so far, and they have booked great successes. Their newest album - Given to the Wild (2012) is their best one yet - in my opinion that is, of course -
However, Colour it in -their first album -contains the lovely song Toothpaste Kisses, truly one of the most romantic and cute songs ever, which I can listen to forever on repeat if I had to, without it boring me even once (okay, not entirely sure about that, to be honest)

I am eagerly awaiting new releases by them already, just after the release of their third album -crazy me- and cannot wait to see them performing live at the Best Kept Secret Festival I'm attending this summer. I will be the mad fangirl in the crowd :)

Do You Know the Maccabees? What is your favourite the Maccabees song? Definitely check them out - listen to Toothpaste Kisses!

Have an awesome weekend!
Margot

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten