maandag 4 maart 2013

Imagine Dragons - Night Visions

Hey you!

It's time to begin, isn't it? I get a little bit bigger but then, I admit, this is the worst beginning of an Imagine Dragons album ever. Don't you understand? This album is perfection on a disk!
Just months ago, I discovered this little gem, that has ever since been listened to for a gazillion times by me, and has made its way through to many of my friends as well. I don't know what it is that appeals to me so much about it; is it the lyrics that are deep yet fun or is it the singer's amazing voice. Perhaps it's the drums, or the guitars. Or maybe it's just the whole package.
I still remember what I liked about this band in the first place - prior to listening to them, I already was convinced that I would love this band with all my heart, body and soul. The name. I mean, Dragons, irresistable little creatures of amazingness. I just can't say no to a band whose name includes Dragons.
My first time listening to Imagine Dragons started with On Top Of the World - which turns out to be one of the songs I don't like that much at all, to be honest. I really liked it the first couple of times, but after a while it was just... not that interesting anymore. But then I discovered some of the other songs by Imagine Dragons, the first one being It's Time (... just look at the introduction, my obsession with it has yet not ended) and after that many more followed.
But, for the ones that have never heard of this magnificent band, let's introduce them. Imagine Dragons is an American Rock band, that formed not so long ago. They already have booked an amazing lot of succes, gaining an VMA for best rock video, and climbing the charts like chimpanzees. Their achievements are crazy, for such a new band. They are currently on tour, so go check out their site (HERE) to see if they are coming anywhere close to your area.
After seeing Imagine Dragons would perform in the Netherlands, my heart jumped and my gosh I was so happy. Little did I know that my heart would be broken only days later, simply because I did not get permission frommy parents to travel to Amsterdam - about 150 kilometers away. I did, however, not stop loving the band at that point, I just started to love them even more and more and more.
Their first studio album - Night Visions - contains 11 wonderful songs, of which some are even better than others. Let's just make a tour through the album, all right?

1. Radioactive 'This is it / the apocalypse' Don't breathe out loudly and I don't like you! One of their best songs ever!
2. Tiptoe Perhaps one of my least favourite songs on the entire album... Very happy, though!
3. It's Time it's time to begin / isn't it / I get a little bit bigger / but then I admit / I'm just the same as I was / Now don't you understand / I'm never changing who I am  Those lyrics, they are Perfection with a capital 'P' and the tune is so happy and I fell in love with it.
4. Demons but with the beast inside / there's nowhere we can hide The saddest lyrics form one of the happiest song, and the one song I like best. One of my all-time favourite songs even!
5. On top of the World and I know it's hard when you're falling down / and it's a long way up when you hit the ground A song I like a couple of times, but turns out just to be some song I just like, not love.
6. Amsterdam Believe me when I say / That I wouldn't have it any other way A song about Amsterdam, Holland. YAY, says me, the dutch girl. I love the way it sounds, and it is happy yet tragic.
7. Hear Me You've got to love and adore and the rest is a lie one of the songs I don't like that much, yet do not dislike at all. It just leaves me emotionless. The lyrics, however, are great, a cry out for help in a relationship.
8. Every Night A song with potential - could be a major hit! This song will appeal to everybody in for a happy song. This is just not a song for someone who likes ''quality music'' a lot, in my opinion, as the lyrics just are plain simple.
9. Bleeding out Such an amazing song, that is incredibly underrated by their fans!
10. Underdog Yay, so happy so lovely. Makes me see pink unicorns dancing in peaceful meadows, and makes me want to join their dance. Better than drugs
11. Nothing left to say rocks -the longest song- Durating almost 9 minutes, this is a long song. I don't know why, but I have the tendency to dislike songs that take over 6 minutes.

The collection together is simply amazing. I would call this album one of my 2012 favorites, and the band my favorite discovery of the entire year 2012 overall. I even wrote Imagine Dragons on my cupboard, in the original album font (yay me, that took me damn long)
I am fully anticipating their next album, which will hopefully release soon (next year... please... I'm dying without my music)

Definitely listen to: Demons



I really hope you liked that little song-by-song review thingy I did. Please comment below, and tell me if you know Imagine Dragons, and your favourite song by them!

Love,
Mar

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten